US bank becomes custodian of Bitcoin, Axie Infinity valued at $ 3 billion + More news
Get your daily digest of crypto-asset and blockchain news – investigating the stories that slip under the radar of today’s crypto news.
News about adoptions
- American Bank, the fifth-largest retail bank in the United States, is expected to announce today that its crypto custody service is available to fund managers, CNBC reported. The offer will help investment managers store private keys for bitcoin (BTC), bitcoin cash (BCH) and litecoin (LTC) with the help of the sub-custodian. NYDIGthe report said, citing Gunjan Kedia, vice president of the bank’s wealth management and investment services division. Support for other cryptoassets like Ethereum (ETH) is expected over time, Kedia said.
- Popular trading app Robin Hood has enabled 24/7 phone support to its 22.5 million users, following criticism it has received regarding the company’s lack of user support. Users just need to request an in-app call to speak live with someone on the team, and a notification will be sent when the user is next in line for a call, the announcement says.
- Smart contract platform Rootstock announced that the decentralized market Kripton market, based on the Rootstock platform, will be used by more than 700 outlets in El Salvador to sell products and services at the price of BTC. The team said it will also organize various meetings and trainings across El Salvador.
- Sky Mavis, the developer of the crypto-based online game Infinite Axis, raises around $ 150 million in Series B funding at a valuation close to $ 3 billion in a new round led by Andreessen Horowitz. The roundtable will help them continue the development of the game, as well as the release of Ronin DEX, a decentralized exchange for in-game token exchange.
- Custodian of digital assets Hexadecimal trust said it raised $ 10 million in an investment round led by Animoca brands. The company plans to use the funds to improve its infrastructure and security frameworks.
- Decentralized exchange THORSwap raised $ 3.75 million in a private token sale led by IDEO CoLab Ventures. The new funding will allow THORSwap to continue to grow its development and operational resources, the team said.
- Business at risk NFX announced a $ 450 million fund dedicated solely to pre-seed and seed stage startups. The fund is expected to support 70 other companies whose founders specialize in fintech, markets, games and proptech, and increases investments in bio and crypto technologies.
- The DeSo Foundation, the organization behind Decentralized Social (DeSo), a blockchain for decentralized social applications, has announced the launch of a $ 50 million development fund, The Octane Fund. This fund aims to fuel and accelerate the already rapid growth of the DeSo developer ecosystem, the Foundation said, adding that there are more than 100 DeSo-based applications.
- Channel analysis, the blockchain data platform, said it acquired Excygent, a specialist professional services company that assists government agencies with cybercrime investigations, data processing and lead generation, as the company aims to expand its offering to government agencies. No details of the deal were provided.
- Fabrice, an open banking platform, and Bitpanda, a digital investment platform offering stocks, digital assets and more, said it has partnered to create a white label solution for Italian banks and fintechs. The service enables users to give their customers and clients access to the growing world of more than 170 digital assets, the companies added.
- Non-fungible token (NFT) startup Dapper Laboratories said they bought a virtual influencer startup Brud and will bring the entire team of 32 people on board. This is part of their new business unit, called Dapper Collectives, which will focus on Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO).
- Venture capital center based in the United States Andreessen Horowitz declared having invested an unspecified amount in Collector, a startup that builds a designer studio for creating NFT with an “App Store” where artists can add exciting new features fueled by code.
- Bitcoin mining company Marathon Digital Holdings said it produced 1,252.4 newly minted bitcoins in the third quarter of 2021, increasing production by 91% quarter over quarter. Their existing mining fleet consists of 25,272 active miners producing around 2.7 EH / s, and they currently hold around 7,035 BTC ($ 353.6 million).
- A U.S. appeals court has revived legal action brought by investors who claimed they were defrauded by buying the HelbizCoin cryptocurrency as part of a “pump and dump” program, according to Reuters. Investors said Helbiz promised to use the proceeds of its 2018 offering to develop a smartphone-based transport rental platform that allows users to rent bicycles, cars, scooters and flying drone taxis, but instead, kept most of the money for himself.
- On September 28, in Ukraine, a coordinated strike between French National Gendarmerie, the Ukrainian National Police, and the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), with the coordination of Europol and INTERPOL, led to the arrest of two prolific ransomware operators known for their exorbitant ransom demands – between 5 and 70 million euros (5.8 million to 81.2 million USD). According to Europol’s press release, in addition to the seizure of $ 75,000 in cash and two luxury vehicles valued at approximately $ 251,500, an additional $ 1.3 million in cryptocurrency was also frozen. .