US Bank Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card Review 2022
Introductory bonusIntroductory Offer: Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $2,000 on qualifying purchases within the first 120 days of account opening.
APR17.49% – 25.49% (Variable)
- 4X points on trips, gas stations and electric vehicle charging stations.
- 2X points on streaming services.
- 2X points at grocery stores, grocery delivery and restaurants.
- 1X point on all other qualifying purchases.
Annual fees$0 annual introductory fee for the first 12 months, after that $95
Intro Purchase APRN / A
Balance Transfer FeeEither 3% of the amount of each transfer or $5 minimum, whichever is greater
APR balance transfer17.49% – 25.49% (Variable)
Foreign transaction feesN / A
Details of rewards and redemptions
The US Bank Altitude Connect card has a lot to offer its cardholders. Its rewards are lucrative and cover a nice variety of travel purchases, they’re relatively inexpensive, and come with a useful selection of perks.
It does, however, have a $95 annual fee, but the rewards make it relatively easy to cover that. If you only used the card for gas and ignored its other bonus categories, consumers would need to spend at least $2,500 at the pumps.
If that sounds expensive, keep in mind that gas prices are currently around $4.60 per gallon. The average American household could spend over $5,000 on gas this year, which would mean $200 back in your pocket with this card. It’s a few gas tanks you don’t have to worry about.
And again, keep in mind that the card earns rewards for groceries, streaming, restaurants, and rental cars, among other things. So if you use the card for everything, it will be even easier to cover its costs. Plus, you won’t have to worry about fees for the first year with the card.
In addition to its lucrative rewards program, it’s a Visa Signature card, so it includes helpful protections, plus a $30 annual streaming credit and an application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck. If you’re looking for a solid general travel card or just looking to make some money at the pumps, you could do a lot worse than the US Bank Altitude Connect.
- 5x points per dollar for prepaid hotels and rental cards booked through the Altitude Rewards Center
- 4x points per dollar for gas
- 2x points for groceries, dining and streaming
- Visa signature protections
- Global Entry/TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- $30 streaming credit
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual subscription
- Minimum redemption of $25