Modern American Coins Featured in June Heritage Auctions Showcase
Auctions are now open in Inheritance Modern Collectible American Coins and Bullion Auctionwith the final live session scheduled for 6:00 p.m. CT on Monday, June 13. This auction mainly focuses on US bullion currencyas well as a small but important selection of modern commemorative coins.
From 2006 to 2008, the United States currency Offered Off-Circulation Platinum Eagles directly to collectors, instead of going strictly through third parties. These coins were struck on burnished blanks, were noticeably cleaner in strike than ordinary uncirculated coins, and, perhaps most importantly, bore the West Point Mint Mint mark “W”. These offerings did not prove popular, leading to the cancellation of these shows in 2009.
But as with many Mint offerings that weren’t popular when they were issued, these have grown in popularity over time – thanks in large part to their small minting. An example of such problems is Lot 91070the 2006-W one ounce American Platinum Eagle, rated MS70 by PCGS. The assigned grade of MS70 is, by definition, unsurpassable, and the tiny mintage of 3,068 coins only serves to heighten collector interest in this unusual modern offering.
Some of the other notable lots in this auction include:
- 2000-W $10 Library of Congress Ten Dollar Bimetallic MS70 NGC
- 1995-W $1 Silver Eagle PR69 Deep Cameo PCGS
- 2004 $50 one ounce Gold Eagle MS70 NGC
- 2004-W $100 One Ounce US Platinum Eagle, Statue of Liberty PR70 Deep Cameo PCGS
- 2015-W $100 1 Ounce High Relief Gold, First Strike, Liberty Label, MS70 PCGS
- 2019-S $1 Silver Eagle, Enhanced Reverse Proof, First Day of Issue, Mercanti Signature, PR70 NGC
- 2020-W $1 Silver Eagle, v75 Privy, First Strike, PR70 Deep Cameo PCGS
Bid on coins in this auction at Coins.HA.com.