Harley-Davidson Visa US Bank Secure Card Review
The Harley-Davidson Visa US Bank Secured Card is not among our highest rated secured credit cards. You can check out our list of the best secured credit cards for what we think are the best options.
U.S. Bank Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card Full Review
A way to build or rebuild your credit
Security deposit earns interest
No annual fee
Rewards only valid for Harley-Davidson gear
Invoices foreign transaction fees
The benefits explained
- A way to build or rebuild credit: One of the benefits of a secured credit card, like the US Bank Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card, is that it offers a way to build or rebuild your credit. If you can’t qualify for an unsecured card, having a secured card that reports to the major credit bureaus can help improve your credit score and ultimately qualify for an unsecured card. secure.
- Offers rewards: Most secure credit cards, like the Capital One Platinum Secured, will help you build credit with responsible use, but generally don’t allow you to earn rewards. The U.S. Bank Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card offers rewards, but only those that can be redeemed for Harley-Davidson gear.
- Security deposit earns interest: Although you must make a security deposit with the US Bank Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card, you will earn interest on this deposit. As long as the issuer doesn’t have to dip into your account to cover unpaid bills when you exit the card and receive your security deposit, you will have earned interest.
- No annual fee: You don’t have to pay an annual fee with this credit card.
- Rewards only valid for Harley-Davidson gear: The US Bank Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card only allows you to redeem rewards for Harley-Davidson purchases or gift cards. Unlike a few other secure cards that offer rewards, there are no other redemption options, such as cash back. The only statement credits you can get are for Harley Davidson purchases.
- Foreign transaction fees: This card imposes foreign transaction fees. If you use it in another country, you will have to pay a 2% fee on US dollar transactions and 3% on foreign currency transactions.
The U.S. Bank Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card is for Harley enthusiasts who need to establish credit and cannot qualify for an unsecured credit card due to a limited credit history or bad credit. There’s no annual fee, making it an affordable option, and pays out rewards in Harley-Davidson gift cards.
For those who want a secure credit card with more flexible rewards, the Discover it Secured might be a good choice. There’s also no annual fee, but it offers valuable cash rewards that you can use for anything.
US Bank Harley-Davidson Visa Secure Card Bonus
There is no one-size-fits-all deal with the US Bank Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card. However, each time you use this card, you are entered into a draw to win a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. If you sign up for the HOG Membership Program, you get two entries per purchase in the contest.
Reward Earnings Details
Earning rewards is quite simple. For every dollar you spend on purchases with the US Bank Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card, you get 1 point.
Reward Redemption Details
As mentioned above, the points you earn using the US Bank Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card can only be redeemed with Harley-Davidson. For every 2,500 points you earn, you get a $25 gift card. This makes points worth one cent each. By using Real Time Rewards, you can also earn automatic statement credits to cover Harley-Davidson purchases.
Transfer of points
There is no way to transfer the points you have earned with the US Bank Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card. They can only be used in authorized Harley-Davidson stores and dealerships.
How to maximize your rewards
The best way to maximize your rewards is to use this card for all your purchases. Once you have enough points, you can redeem them for Harley-Davidson gift cards which are good for gear and other items. In order to get the most out of your points, it is important to redeem the card in full each month. This will save you from paying interest. Otherwise, the interest charges you would incur will likely exceed the value of the rewards you will earn.
It is also possible to maximize your overall rewards by using the US Bank Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card in conjunction with another card. For example, the Discover it Secured card offers 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants on your first $1,000 in purchases each quarter. Once you reach this limit, you can use the US Bank Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card for other expenses. Plus, Discover card rewards are more flexible, offering cash back instead of gift cards. However, maintaining two security deposits may not be feasible for most secured card customers.
US Bank Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card Standard Benefits
- $0 fraud liability
- Emergency cash and card replacement
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver (Secondary Coverage)
US Bank is the issuer of this credit card. In the JD Power 2021 US Credit Card Satisfaction Study, US Bank received a score of 782, which was well below average. In the study, US Bank was ranked 10th out of 11 national card issuers.
This card also provides access to your VantageScore credit score, so you can monitor if your score is improving.
For added convenience, you can manage your account using the US Bank app, available for Android and iOS. The app has a 4.7 out of 5 star rating on Google Play and 4.8 out of 5 stars on the Apple App Store.
If someone makes a fraudulent purchase with your U.S. Bank Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card, you won’t be liable because Visa offers $0 liability for unauthorized purchases. Additionally, this card features chip technology designed to make your transactions more secure.
If you’re looking for a credit card that can help you establish or rebuild your credit, and you can’t qualify for an unsecured card, the US Bank Harley-Davidson Visa Secured Card might be right for you. This card does not charge an annual fee and reports your payments to major credit bureaus. Additionally, you can earn rewards with this card. However, you must be a Harley-Davidson fan to take advantage of these rewards, as you can only redeem them for Harley-Davidson gift cards or cover Harley-Davidson purchases on your statement.
If you’d rather have a secure card with more flexible rewards, the Discover it Secured, which pays out cash back and has no annual fee, might be a better choice.